Internet Explorer 7.0 – features and addons
Internet Explorer 7.0 has come a long way since its inception ( Windows 95 days ). The new version is definitely better and more secure. It has many facilities added to it like tabbed windows, integrated RSS feed reader and more.
To compliment this new generation browser from Microsoft, developers and companies have created many addons from paid to free versions. One of the most important and free addon for Internet Explorer 7.0 is the IE7Pro. Here is the complete list of features and tweaks which come with IE7Pro.IE 7.0 PRO features
1. Tabbed Browsing Management
2. Crash Recovery
3. Proxy Switcher
4. AD Blocker
5. Spell Check
6. User Plug-ins
7. Flash Block
8. Super Drag Drop
9. Tab History Browser
10. Webpage Capturer
11. Inline Search
Some other useful and must have addons are
1. FeedsPlus – only IE 7 – If you are using browser to read your feeds then this addon is a must. It also lets you know when a new feed is added
2. ieSpell – Spell check for text input boxes – forum posts, blogs, mail3.
3. LeechVideo – IE addon that lets you download favorite videos from popular video sharing websites (i.e. Youtube, Google Video, DailyMotion, etc.).
4. Amigo is an application which allows you to manage your favorites list in a very fast, flexible, and powerful way. The main application Amigo sits in the system tray and does not block any part of your screen. There is a plugin for IE which can ease bookmarking simply by right clicking the Web page in Internet Explorer. Amigo tries its best to automatically check for dead links, re-directed links therefore keeping your bookmarks current. Allows you to share your links with the rest of the world if you want them to be shared. Alerts you when you have not visited a Web site for a long time. You could then decide to delete the old and least frequently visited links. Version 3.7 includes keywords auto detection for Manage links field and new field detecting Java version. Version 3.8 autodetects keywords for URL and adds options to easily manage URL information simply by right clicking the menu item.
5. Child Web Gardian – Filtering software designed to provide Internet child safety. This program keeps track and checks the content of every web-page the child browses through in the Internet Explorer. If the program finds some obscene content, ChildWebGardian will immediately block viewing such pages. ChildWebGuardian is a whole software package that is integrated in Internet Explorer and consists of some controlling functions.Version 2.6 may include unspecified updates, enhancements or bug fixes.