Google Chrome – Design & Top 10 features
For Tutorials and Articles gateway2internet.com
So Google has finally launched its browser. Here is what they have to say about their new browser in terms of designing and features. On their website they have the details in CARTOON BOOK format, which undermines the seriousness of the software they have developed.
The Inside of CHROME
It was only after the process completed that the control was given back to the browser. This made the ‘ TEAM CHROME ‘ to think in terms of multi threaded browser. But, it also led them to think in terms of having multiple processes. Each having its own memory and its own copy of global stuctures. The idea was simply brilliant. It meant a browser based on the principle of an Operating System ( where process isolation is the key to its survival ).
Multi threaded also meant that, if, there is a browser bug in the rendering then only that particular tab goes down. But the browser does not crash. In GOOGLEs’ words you are faced a single SAD TAB. The multi process design needs more intial memory, but in the long run it will be mean less memory bloat. Opening and closing tabs in the current browsers creates memory fragmentation which affects the performance of the browser and internet surfing.
The Outside of CHROME and top 10 features
1. Tabbed Interface – with the tabs at the top.
2. Dockable tabs – move it and the window state too will move.
3. The omnibox handles more than just URLs. It offers suggestions for searches, top visited pages,pages you have not visited but are popular and the best feature is the full text search over the history.
4. Auto complete to something you have explicitly typed before. ( Inline completion which is very discreet ).
5.A very handy and thoughtful feature which is incorporated in the opening of new tab is that it opens with 9 most frequently visited websites ( thumbnails ) on the left and on the right, sites that you search for the most.
6. Google chrome has a privacy mode. Pages viewed here will never be logged on to your computer, that means no cookies etc.
7. Pop ups will be pushed to its own tab. If you need it then drag out and it will be promoted to its own window.
8. Sandboxing – The weapon against malware.
9. Very simple Interface.
10. Easy download system. A simple push button method.